Sunday, February 10, 2008

today i became the sea.

this is more or less, but most likely more,
closer to the truth
then any of the lies i let pass from my lips
honestly, I'm hopelessly short of my dreams
in the "on my tip toes, just can't reach" kind of way
i grow taller each year though,
i got the pen marks on my wall to prove it
eyes wide and an open casket
all comes together for my disaster
i believe in a god that hates religion
i don't trust in anything (wo)man made
I've lost count of the amount of "fours"
I've crossed out into "fives"
to number the relationships that have eaten me up inside
no ones without flaw, but we're not all at fault
we're just trying to find someone with a hint of soul
it only really takes a smile to shake me up inside
it's the 'follow up' that comes down to the win or loss.

No comments: