Friday, December 21, 2007

XOXO

I've made it through another year
three hearts down, but I'm still here
fingers crossed, I'm not yet lost
& still poetic enough to stay on top
of promises and consciousness
success tastes great washed down with emptiness
several hits and a business plan

celebrate this night with a kiss on my cheek
while we shake in wait for fifty two more weeks

fresh out of rounds,
so were singing out loud
found under the gun, selling you out
make us move a little to soon
cause we expect you to keep this real

watch this night pass on like clockwork
our names in lights like a spark in the darkness
my healths better off in the hands of another
cause the past twelve months sure have been tough
words don't mean a thing at a time like this
but if i could find thirty minutes, I'd keep this where we need it

No comments: